Penultimate Loop Day

13 Aug

maybe this one

Okay, here’s the deal.  There is only ONE lock between Bushranger and the completion of her mission!

…assuming the river gods consult with the weather gods, then get final approval from Mr. Murphy (the guy in charge of Murphy’s Law)…

If all goes as planned, Bushranger may, with a bit of sweat and a hint of luck, chug into Pickwick Lake tomorrow and ‘cross her own wake’ , thereby completing the Great Loop of North America.

If this amazing thing should happen then you will hear a very loud ‘Woo-hoo!’ from the top right corner of the state of Mississippi.

…but I need to prepare you.  I have been working on Bushranger’s Wake-Crossing blog entry for a few days and I am worried that all the photos I want to include will make for a very large email to you.  So, if this comes to pass tomorrow (and the stars align, and bio-rhythms sync and world peace is declared) but the email is just too much for your computer to handle, just go to Bushranger’s blog (bushrangerridesagain.com) and you can view the rather large compendium of photos directly.

…ohhhh, I’ve got goose-bumps…

P.S. Clifton Marina:  t/3, s/3

10 Responses to “Penultimate Loop Day”

1. Paul K August 13, 2016 at 17:45 #

Well done. Thanks for the blog. Watch out for the bump when you cross the wake 😉

2. Christine Sutcliffe August 13, 2016 at 17:45 #

Mixed emotions here…. I’ve so enjoyed the story of the voyage but I’m certain its such a thrill to have completed the trip. I’ve missed watching for Bushranger to come across from Savannah, and again to pass the Statue of Liberty. It was such fun last year to do just that.

• MrsB August 13, 2016 at 17:47 #

…we loved every minute! I have one of Dennis’ photos of Bushranger in NY in the Crossing Her Wake blog entry!

3. Alex Ertz August 13, 2016 at 22:08 #

Whoo-hoo! Wish we could be there to greet you, but we’re flying up to the Chesapeake tomorrow to spend a week on the boat.

• MrsB August 13, 2016 at 22:33 #

You guys have fun! Thanks for the Whoo-hoo!

4. Maggie Thomas August 13, 2016 at 22:37 #

You write so well – I can imagine being there too. Enjoy every second.

• MrsB August 13, 2016 at 22:38 #

Thanks Maggie!

5. jdepodwin August 13, 2016 at 23:40 #

Really exciting and I am so looking forward to the next blog! 😄👍
    Safe crossing and successful completion of the entire LOOP!