No, We Have Not Sunk

14 Jul

Don’t worry, my friends.  I know I’ve been just a little bit slack in my blogging responsibilities, but, really, we’ve just been having way too much fun to even think about blogging.  But, no worries — I’ve got my blogging hat back on so here’s your next installment of the Adventures of Bushranger…

Bushranger is on the move again.

underway
Boyd and I had a wonderful time at the wedding of our friends…

the bride and her father)

(isn’t she the most beautiful bride?…and check out the huge grim on the proud Papa!)

…but it was time to get back on the road – so we set out for the town of Charlevoix.

charlevoix

charlevoix3

charlevoix2

charlevoix1

It’s a lovely place. We ended up at the Northwest Marine Yacht Club. Picture holidaying at a gorgeous resort while sleeping in your own bed and able to play with all your fun toys.

charlevoix3)

…and it holds the added benefit of being in the general vicinity of the Michigan branch of our family. So, after a visit to see their ‘new digs’ (a beautiful and restful place on the lake), Bushranger hosted a little get-together.

family

(shhhhh, don’t tell anyone, but we were really just showing her off a little bit – after all, she is a venerable old gal, isn’t she?  Hey, I’m talking about the boat, not the chief-cook-and-bottle-washer)

walking with steve

P.S. t/9, s/8, l/9

8 Responses to “No, We Have Not Sunk”

1. ray collins July 14, 2016 at 10:05 #

I am terribly homesick seeing pictures of y’all on bushranger in beautiful charlevoix..second only to traverse city as a vacation paradise..best enjoyed in the warmer summer months..

• MrsB July 14, 2016 at 10:12 #

This place would be perfect if only the weather gods would turn off the wind!

2. River Forest Marina July 14, 2016 at 17:17 #

You were here at River Forest Marina last year at this time!

• MrsB July 14, 2016 at 20:00 #

It seems such a long time ago

3. River Forest Marina July 14, 2016 at 17:22 #

Here is your link: https://bushrangerridesagain.com/2015/07/06/

• MrsB July 14, 2016 at 19:59 #

That is so cool! We were just talking about your marina yesterday because it was where we last filled up our fuel tanks. …We’ve done little dribbs and drabs a few times since then but essentially Bushranger still has some of your fuel in her tanks!

4. Daffy July 14, 2016 at 19:56 #

Well I guess that is one item ticked off Willy H’s retirement bucket list!