Sorting, Figuring, Planning

2 Jun

Bushranger is in the land of the Red-winged Blackbird.

red-wing blackbird

These critters trill and warble, performing aerobatic stunts between the reeds that leave Air Force pilots agog (and I should know…).

While these glossy, feathered friends cavort in the Brewerton weeds, Boyd and I have been trying our best to sort out Bushranger’s gear. I spent 30 minutes last night looking for the non-stick ‘square’ pan that I know I purchased last year (I swear it was perfect for cooking salmon for two). I dug through every drawer and cupboard, determined to discover its hiding place. I finally turned to Boyd and asked, “Where IS that pan we bought last year for cooking salmon?!?”  This is what he pulled out…

square pan 1

…I guess it wasn’t as ‘square’ as I remember…
Ha!
It’s raining right now, so I’m glad we hadn’t planned to pull up stakes until tomorrow. Hopefully, if the weather gods approve, this is where we’ll be heading in the morning…

brewerton ny

9 Responses to “Sorting, Figuring, Planning”

1. Gregg Turner June 2, 2016 at 12:36 #

Safe Travels!

• MrsB June 2, 2016 at 14:03 #

thanks Gregg!

2. Christine Sutcliffe June 2, 2016 at 12:39 #

Looks like Tropical Depression Bonnie is off of North Carolina, She brought us about 3″ of rain, but flooded inland with about 6″ — go figure. Perhaps she’ll run out of steam before she gets too far north to share the heavy rains with you.

• MrsB June 2, 2016 at 14:03 #

…from your lips to God’s ears… fingers crossed

3. Allan June 2, 2016 at 13:02 #

Hi There, my search is on for a 36ft Marine Trader or Albin. Curious about cost to store in NY for the winter .Not sure about schedule until I find a boat. Cheers Allan

• MrsB June 2, 2016 at 14:04 #

hi Allan. Good luck with the search. Boyd says that he’ll email you the costs. take care, la

4. Heather June 2, 2016 at 16:39 #

Don’t you just hate it when pans change shape! Bet the salmon still tasted great!

5. Heather June 2, 2016 at 16:43 #

Great job finding that pan, even if it did change its shape. Bet the salmon still tasted great!

• MrsB June 2, 2016 at 18:08 #

Yummy it was just fine. ..even with the round pan