Bushranger’s Butt Lift

25 Feb

mardi gras treasure

Well, over time, it’s been known to happen to the best of us…our aft end just isn’t up to the job anymore. Sometimes, the aft end isn’t great from the get-go! I’m embarrassed to say, Bushranger’s aft end falls into that second category. Well, that’s about to be corrected!

Way-back-when Bushranger first came off the assembly line, her creators gifted her with an aft hatch.

aft hatch

It was a lovely aft hatch – made of teak that slid on two rails and latched over the edge. Unfortunately, those designers overlooked the basic nature of water – it travels down alleyways, pooling in depressions, and has been known to jump over low-lying obstacles. So, from the day she was born, Bushranger has been plagued by water traveling along those two rails, jumping the forward edge of the hatch, and escaping into the aft cabin (causing a myriad of problems).

Well, NO MORE! The good folks at Eastern Shore Marine are removing those troublesome rails and redesigning that hatch so Bushranger can travel secure and dry… and while they are at it, Bushranger’s crew is billeting in a sweet cottage on the shores of Mobile Bay.

Which is all well-and-good except the weather is just crap! It’s been raining a lot, and I have been reduced to playing with all our Mardi Gras treasures.

I think we can all agree that we’re ready for a bit of sunshine?

playing with mardi gras

12 Responses to “Bushranger’s Butt Lift”

1. jdepodwin February 25, 2015 at 13:48 #

Great post and I love the photo!!! Here’s to an ever improving weather picture.

2. Kathy & Garth February 25, 2015 at 14:05 #

Hey, what do they charge at Eastern Shore for a nip & tuck, maybe I will head there instead of Brazil!!! Oh, silly me I forgot it’s a boat so I know the price will be double!! Great picture!

• Mrs Bushranger February 25, 2015 at 14:15 #

LOL!!!! True! …and I expect the final bills will be a bit more than what we expect — I’m ready to mortgage the house — wait a minute! We sold that house already! Darn!

3. Chris February 25, 2015 at 17:33 #

Dennis wonders how you got all of those beads. As we remember, she who shows the most, collects the most! ;o)

• Mrs Bushranger February 25, 2015 at 18:19 #

…I think that Dennis should ask Boyd… 😉 😉

4. Terry jones February 25, 2015 at 18:33 #

Glad you guys finally decided to spend some money with somebody to try to get something fixed glad you’re getting your water leak fixed also hope you’re having a wonderful time it’s probably about 12 inches deep of snow where were at so it ain’t so bad where you’re at see ya!

5. pat February 25, 2015 at 20:36 #

The outfit is to die for!!!

6. Barbie Robinson March 1, 2015 at 07:08 #

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha LOVE the beads! Love the headpiece:)))