Orange Beach Alabama

18 Dec

Okay, I admit it…I’ve been having so much fun that I’ve shamefully neglected my blog. But, in my defense (or defence if you’re one of my friends from Down Under), we’ve seen such wonderful places, tasted such excellent meals, and met such interesting people that my head is spinning. Where are we, you ask? Well, at Orange Beach Alabama, of course!

We spent three days at the Wharf, where we got to celebrate Christmas early with a boat parade

christmas boats mobile 2
…and lots of Christmas cheer…

wpid-20141212_175800.jpg
…then we proceeded on to the Orange Beach Marina, and I think we found paradise…

wpid-20141218_080607.jpg

Orange Beech 1 (2)

This place is pristine (the water is so clean, you can see the bottom), the folks are friendly (we were invited to the Marina’s Christmas party – and it was AMAZING!), the restaurant food is delicious (Boyd particularly likes the selection of craft beers…I love the white chocolate and coconut bread pudding!!!!!), and the price is unbeatable (when you ask for the Looper’s discount).

wpid-20141218_183511.jpg

So, Bushranger is sitting all snug in her covered slip and Boyd and I are about to wander off to celebrate the holidays.

Orange Beech 3

…don’t tell anyone, but we’re off to a cruise – a REAL cruise on a very big ship! (I’ve always wanted to do a Christmas cruise….I love my life…)

10 Responses to “Orange Beach Alabama”

1. Heather Rutherford December 19, 2014 at 00:42 #

I love your life, too!

2. Gregg Turner (@CPTGregg) December 19, 2014 at 11:17 #

You guys are having WAY too much fun!!! 😉

3. Terry jones December 20, 2014 at 01:02 #

It’s been there all along the only thing that held you back was yourselves enjoy paradise ive been there done that it is a lot of fun have a great cruise Merry Christmas tj

4. Deb endean December 21, 2014 at 23:37 #

merry christmas loopers, so happy for you guys, merry christmas from Deb & Pete

• Mrs Bushranger December 28, 2014 at 08:14 #

Merry Christmas Maple-siders!!! Hope this was a wonderful Christmas. Lots of love and laughter from the crew of the Bushranger

5. Barbie Robinson December 30, 2014 at 09:25 #

Hello Boydie & LynnAnne, Belated Merry Christmas:)) Got your msg on my voicemail :)) Thanks. Flew to Bris. on 19th and returned on 28th. Had a very lovely Xmas with the 4 kids. Eloise in London. Glad you had a fantasic early Xmas meal and thrilled for you going on a cruise. Enjoy!! LOTSA LOVE and Christmas cheer. xoxoxoxo