Fairhope Alabama

9 Dec

Yesterday, Bushranger and her crew decided to leave Dog River Marina, cross the Mobile Bay, and explore the eastern shore. We ended up at a little marina in Fairhope Alabama called Eastern Shore Marine, and there could not be more of a contrast…

fairhope sunset

Where a highway and bridge guarded the entrance to Dog River Marina, there is a lovely suburban neighborhood (all decorated for Christmas) at the entrance to Eastern Shore Marine.

wpid-2014-12-09-16.54.16.jpg.jpeg

Where dust swirled and danced from the grinding of machinery at Dog River, all that disturbs the surroundings at Eastern Shore is the clanking of lines against the masts of sleeping sailboats.

sailboats at fairhope

Where the predominant restaurants at Dog River were next to the Lowe’s and Walmart, the town of Fairhope offers quaint eateries on tree-lined streets.

fairhope shops

I think I’ve fallen in love…

fairhope bay

10 Responses to “Fairhope Alabama”

1. Terry jones December 9, 2014 at 18:46 #

Glad y’all are getting to see some of the finer things in life and getting to see real marinas hope Boyd got the pump back on successfully sounds like y’all are having a good time good for yall 😊

• Mrs Bushranger December 9, 2014 at 18:52 #

Hi Terry, Boyd got the part today and is in the process of sticking it back on…and, you’re absolutely right — these are wonderful place to be!

2. Martha December 9, 2014 at 18:52 #

We stayed at the small marina at Grand Hotel and also fell in love with the area. Enjoy! I look forward to your post..

• Mrs Bushranger December 9, 2014 at 19:40 #

That Grand Hotel looks lovely…Boyd and I drove around today and checked out the area…I LOVE it!

3. noschedule December 9, 2014 at 20:42 #

John and I also stayed at Fairhope and yes it is a place that anyone can fall in love with. Quaint small town with an out pouring of friendliness. We definitely plan on another stop there. I truly enjoy reading from your perspective. So enlightening.

• Mrs Bushranger December 9, 2014 at 21:40 #

Thank you! I think you’re right, Fairhope deserves a second look

4. Heather Rutherford December 10, 2014 at 02:07 #

Love your snapshots of American life. Eyes turning greener each reading! Keep them coming!

5. Treisha (251) 599-0834 December 13, 2014 at 20:19 #

Mrs. Bushranger, I so enjoyed my visit with you and Boyd on the Bushranger. Thank you for the tour, your hospitality and a thanks to Ray for taking me along. The Bushranger and you guys seem to be enjoying Fairhope and the Marina. I feel as you do about the peaceful and beautiful marina. Fortunate am I to grow up in the atmospheres that Fairhope, Montrose, and Daphne possess.. I love the Eastern Shore of Mobile Bay. The salt air gets in your blood. If you need anything just call and Happy Holidays…………………….

• Mrs Bushranger December 14, 2014 at 08:12 #

Thank you so much Treisha! It was great meeting you (and seeing Ray again) and Boyd and I loved our time in Fairhope…what a beautiful town. I was reluctant to leave, but, given the fact that we live in a movable home, we have moved it again — to Orange Beach. I am about to fill in all the Bushranger followers about this new, pristine location. Hope your holiday is filled with lots of love and laughter.