The Final Frontier

7 Jul

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

“To boldly go where no one has gone before”…

…well, maybe some have gone before…in fact, probably thousands have been here…I bet even Lewis and Clark wandered through here, way back when…

…and, maybe not so “boldly”, since we’re only traveling at 6 miles per hour…

…but here we are, after so much work and thought and sweat and maybe a few tears…

…Bushranger is right now (and I mean RIGHT NOW) wandering up the Tennessee River enroute to Florence Alabama. I am sitting at my settee, in my lovely kitchen/loungeroom/diningroom/livingroom, typing this blog to announce to anyone who cares:

Look out world, ‘cause here we come!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

30 Responses to “The Final Frontier”

1. Craig July 7, 2014 at 15:25 #

Congratulations! Look forward to following you on your journey.

2. Gregg Turner July 7, 2014 at 16:09 #

Congratulations and Safe Travels!

3. marianne July 7, 2014 at 17:01 #

Congratulations—and you’re off!!!!

4. Adrianna MortierAdrianna July 7, 2014 at 17:20 #

Congratulations! Despite the sweat and tears I am sure it is very satisfying. Boyd and you should be veery proud of your achievement. Travel safe and I look forward to reading all bout your adventures. Adi xx

• Mrs Bushranger July 7, 2014 at 19:30 #

Come visit and see for yourself! It’s a beautiful part of the country!

5. pat July 7, 2014 at 17:21 #

Truly a magical moment!

6. Chris July 7, 2014 at 17:30 #

And I should start watching for you on the Intercoastal — when????

• Mrs Bushranger July 7, 2014 at 19:29 #

might be a while yet…don’t put the kettle on yet…

7. Paul Kinghorne July 7, 2014 at 17:41 #

Brilliant. Enjoy the sea time!

• Mrs Bushranger July 7, 2014 at 19:28 #

Thanks, Paul! p.s. congrats on the retirement! Well done!

8. jdepodwin July 7, 2014 at 18:11 #

Not sure my comment went through. Absolutely fantastic news! AMEN!!! Way to go, Bushranger!

9. Matt and Faye July 7, 2014 at 18:53 #

All this has been about the journey, not th destination (which when you think about the concept of the loop, is back where you started!). I say “Coxswain, check the short leave card are all accounted for; XO, let go all lines! OOW, Slow ahead both engines” and enjoy the next part of that journey. We hope to do some boarding party training on you at some stage in the future. In the meantime, Dolphin Code 96 Alpha (look it up).

• Mrs Bushranger July 7, 2014 at 19:32 #

I’ve got no idea what that all means, but I’m sure it’s something very deep and significant…I think I had better consult my Navy translator of this one…

10. Rod Robinson July 7, 2014 at 19:38 #

Wow congratulations guys!!! What a milestone!!! Big well done!!! An exercise in patience and perseverance!! And now time to reap the rewards….live the dream!!!

11. Paul and Sue July 7, 2014 at 20:11 #

We have thoroughly enjoyed your blogs over the last 2 years as Bushranger was made ready for sea. Thankyou for sharing that part of the journey. Now it’s time to enjoy the fruits of your labours. We look forward to the travelogue.

12. Pete July 8, 2014 at 02:56 #

Dear Bushranger family, we have enjoyed so much reading your blog and seeing this gradual evolution of the boat. we’re so happy for you that you’re out there now and I hope this is the start of the great loop and all sorts of wonderful voyages.

Good luck to you both, and we’ll keep on reading and enjoying, as we wish it was us!

Love from the Steels

13. Anne July 8, 2014 at 16:48 #

Have a wonderful journey & reap the rewards of all your hard work!!!

14. Deb July 9, 2014 at 06:02 #

fair weather guys, happy days

15. Barbie Robinson July 17, 2014 at 05:01 #

Ha ha ha ha ha ha look at that bloody ole Sea Captain sitting back, hand on the wheel, looking round — Lord of the boat! Huh I’m jealous :)) And Mrs Sea Captain — Lady of her kitchen/loungeroom enjoying the space :)) What a COMPLETENESS & SERENITY & SATISFACTION & PRIDE you must feel for all your hard work and how it has led to this glorious holiday now. Thanks for the ride. You can truly relax and enjoy now! Tonnes of love & hugs & kisses from little sis! ❤ ❤ xoxoxoxo