Old Boat

14 Jan

old boat

Today my man will travel far
North and west, that loaded car
Toward needy mistress, inch along
A different world, to belong
To woo, to coax, and to cajoled
Break is done, no more parole
He has a job, I can’t resent
He must away, next place to rent
Bushranger, I am not a fan
You hold my heart, you take my man
Old boat you better watch your way
And keep those cracks and leaks at bay
Bushranger there is much to do
To make you whole and see us through
To living life we three aboard
Your sheltered bow, our long reward

…heads up, old boat, we WILL prevail…bank on it, you will set sail!

12 Responses to “Old Boat”

1. Paul Kinghorne January 14, 2013 at 13:56 #

I hope 2013 is a rewarding year

2. Cathryn and Bob January 14, 2013 at 14:34 #

Love the poem!!! Glad to see you back in the Bushranger world and looking forward to seeing what 2013 brings for you. C&B

• Mrs Bushranger January 14, 2013 at 16:22 #

Me too! …I wonder what will happen next?!? Where are you guys?

• Cathryn and Bob January 16, 2013 at 17:58 #

We’re in Tarpon Springs, Florida. We left our boat in Mobile, AL for 7 weeks to go home to Seattle for Thanksgiving through New Years, then returned to the boat January 3. We traveled the Florida panhandle, then made our Jump AcRoss the Gulf from Carabelle to Tarpon Springs on an overnight journey with 7 other boats last Friday night. What an experience!!! Hope all is well with you two! C

• Mrs Bushranger January 16, 2013 at 18:40 #

Wow! Boyd is in Mobile even as we speak, trying to find someplace that can help us build our galley. I’m in Naples, so if you get any further south, you have to come and say ‘hi’!

3. Amanda January 15, 2013 at 18:42 #

Wonderful poem, but where was Koko?
    “Today our kitty will travel far,
    North and west, how Koko hates that car”

• Mrs Bushranger January 15, 2013 at 19:46 #

You’re absolutely right!….although I did say “we three aboard”, so Koko di kind of make it into the poem….

4. jdepodwin January 15, 2013 at 19:46 #

All I can say is that Bushranger better behave herself and “make nice.” Good times are ahead!

5. Dina J Massey January 21, 2013 at 21:18 #

I love the poem. The use of simple words. I love every line of it! simple but straight to the heart! <3!