Update (another one)

21 Aug

I didn’t want you to think that we had forgotten you, or that Boyd and I are ‘slacking off’.  Nope, we’re still working our little fingers to the bone. Boyd has a meeting today with Terry, ‘The Boat Doc’, to get the engine transplant organized (I don’t know if I mentioned it, but the donor engine out of Molly Brown is actually smaller than Bushranger’s original engine — that means that there are lots of calculations and modifications needed before we can actually strap that newer engine on to Bushranger — stand by for updates). Boyd has also been working on the steering (I understand there are a bunch of seals that need replacing), modifying the covers for the water tanks (Boyd is changing the covers so there is a ‘flush-mounted’ handle for each of the covers), cutting various pieces of teak to replace some of the damaged surfaces, and attaching various bits and pieces here and there.  He’s been a busy boy.

This, I am told, is the generator-raw-water-intake. It takes water from outside the boat, and allows it to come into the generator to help cool it. (I hope I got that right…)

Me, I’ve been caulking and varnishing. I have finally finished the eyebrow! The eyebrow handrail is back on and the last coat of clear varnish is done.

Ohhh, isn’t that lovely…

Wooh, that took a long time, but I think I can finally call it ‘complete’!   Now, on to the gunwale and the main handrail.

2 Responses to “Update (another one)”

  1. jdepodwin August 21, 2012 at 20:57 #

    sounds like a lot is going on and progress is being made. Yea!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: